Thursday, January 22, 2009

The last few weeks in my life

So for some reason Blogger, Blogspot, Nam Overboard and everybody else's blogs that I like to read have been failing to cooperate for a couple of weeks now, so I've had tonnes of content for the blog but haven't been able to update. So here is the last few weeks of my life in pictorial and audio-visual bite size snippets. Enjoy!

Mark, an AYAD based up near the Laos border, came to town for a visit and "to work" so I showed him a cute little, very down-home seafood restaurant and Bamboo bar (of course)!






















I found excellent Bun Cha Ca (Noodle soup with fish) near my office (around 8000vnd a bowl, 70 cents AUD) and it looks out onto a pagoda. Ian (my boss) had some friends over from Australia so we went for a delicious seafood meal.













Then Ian, Tra My and I had a couple of official functions to attend. One was held by the Labour Ministry and the other was the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.










And it was at the Labour Ministry function that this wonderful piece of video was captured. A lot of high powered CEOs and businessmen were in the audience being awarded by the Ministry for their economic performance in the past 12 months. The guy in the video below, received 2 giant plaques and 2 gold stars to hang on his jacket and he addressed the crowd. Then as we all got up to grab some food and the band came on, the same guy got up on stage and serenaded the crowd with "By The Rivers of Babylon" and some excellent dancing. Enjoy...


Then as our Hanoi based work colleagues would be leaving early to return North for Tet (Lunar New Year) we had a lunch to celebrate.





Up next: I'm going to Hanoi for Tet, to spend sometime with the AYADS up there (leave Sunday 25th of January and back on the 2nd of February) so I will have a proper update of our hi-jinks when I get back (sight-seeing, JJJ Hottest 100 party, fireworks and Tet madness). Chuc Mung Nam Moi (Happy New Year).

1 comment:

Phill said...

Maybe the whole google system went down cos you put that damn "Single Ladies" song on your blog! I'm trying to watch your videos like a good little Amy devotee and all I can hear is Beyonce going on about some ring! wait... I just figured out how to turn it off. Disregard.

simple tracking
Wireless Laser Mouse