Monday, November 10, 2008

Da Nang

Hello everyone... first things first, as you can probably see I have resolved the camera issue. With the help of my ICM (In-Country Manager for the Ayad Program) Mr Thong I managed to located a replacement cord for about $9 AUD so I was pretty stoked to get my pics off my camera and onto the blog.

I have arrived in Da Nang, flew in on Saturday morning. Saturday was spent looking around Da Nang a little, though this was rushed because a storm was coming in. We went to the top of the Green Plaza hotel along the river and I managed to take some photos. I look forward to taking more when the weather is clearer and you can see the mountains better.



Saturday night we had a dinner at Ian's (my new boss) house and I met a couple of girls from the Project Office. I also had my first ride on a motorbike, as we went for a drink with the ex-pat network that has been established here in Da Nang. A lot of that group are American ex army men who have come back and married.

Sunday was spent house hunting and more motorbike riding. I am now in the possession of a brand-new spanking helmet of my own, complete with full face visor. Its very cute. We also did quite a bit of house hounting today. If I choose, I can get a three or four story place to myself with 3 to 4 bedrooms and bathrooms for about $300 USD a month but I think I will hold out for something a bit smaller.

Also late this afternoon I got to step foot on China Beach here in Da Nang. The city is split into two sections, one of the ocean side of the river and the other on the mountain side of the river. If I can I'm going to live on the beach side and use my pushbike to get around, with the view to learning how to ride a motorbike in the near future.

That's all for now. Tomorrow will be spent setting up a bank account, finding a local dr and visiting the project office.

Keep the comments rolling in and love to you all.

Amy xoxo

2 comments:

lovehate09 said...

Firstly what beer was it!

Was it TIGER grrrr.

Alex would be proud.

As for the push bike, ditch that and get your groove on I'm sure you could ride a motorbike.

xoxoxo (i am staying in a house with cable and saw my first gossip girl in over 3 months it was rad)

Stop complaining about the storms you know you love wet nam

gossip girl.

Unknown said...

the beach looks so amazing.
xoxo

simple tracking
Wireless Laser Mouse