Monday, December 15, 2008

Housewarming - now with extra $5 a bottle Vietnamese vodka

So I eventually found a house on Nguyen Hoang Street (well I should say off that street). Thats the main road you use to find my house and it's about 5 minutes away from Da Nang airport. However my house is off a little alley way a row of houses back from the street. Once I get around to it (and if it ever stops raining) I will make a video tour of the house for those of you back in Australia to enjoy!

It's a really cute 1.5 bedroom place, with western style bathroom (read normal toilet but no shower recess) and hot water (thank goodness). It has terracotta coloured tiles on the floor and white walls and ceiling. Gorgeous shuttered windows at the front and back of the house and wrought iron work on the door. Very secure with a lockable gate out the front. My walkway also has bamboo plants, which are very lucky apparantly.

So to celebrate and to get to know my new workmates from the Hanoi School of Public Health I had a housewarming party which was warm-up drinks before hitting Phuong Dung disco on the 30th of November.

Here are some of the pics:




































I had to be talked into purchasing the $5 bottle of Vietnamese vodka, made in Saigion, but it was suprisingly good.












Then we hit Phuong Dung disco which is the best disco I have found in Da Nang so far. There was a dance floor with lights underneath it a la Saturday Night Fever, good beats and an excellent mix of locals and foreigners. The pole dancing girls were also not too obvious and less scantily clad than Las Vegas so all in all I was quite pleased with the place. Word to the wise, avoid the fruit platters and the imported beer (v. expensive, at least for those of us on a volunteer budget!).













2 comments:

lovehate09 said...

The fidora (i don't how to spell that word) photo is extremely hot. Self portrait?

I am impressed.

Ugh house hunting is a pain in the ass i think i'll just move back to the turtle!

Phill said...

Phuong Dung? Perfume River? Is Vietnam an especially smelly place?

I hope the flooding stops soon so you can go annoy people about how dangerous water is!

-Phill

simple tracking
Wireless Laser Mouse