Sunday, December 28, 2008

Xmas in Da Nang

So first of all, we had the decorating of Ian's tree at the TASC office and adjoining house. Some families Ian knew came over and the kids decorated the tree.


Then on the 22nd of December I had Mark and Genevieve (AYADS from Hanoi and somewhere near the Laos Border) fly into Da Nang for Xmas. Then on the 24th Jordi and Nish (another two AYADS based in Hanoi) also flew to Da Nang. My house was full which is exactly what I wanted over Xmas (even though I only had the 25th off).

Xmas eve was spent 10 minutes down the coast at Bac My An Beach (Sandy Beach) which is on "the road to Hoi An" (which is going to be either the title of my memoirs or the name of my first album). There is a great hostel called Hoa's Place here and Genevieve had conned the owner into cooking up a storm on Xmas Eve and making a bonfire down on the beach. The place was full of other travellers and I was requested to bring my laptop. We then subjected some very confused and disoriented travellers to the extent of my Xmas themed music collection (Hilary, Xtina and Mariah Carey Xmas albums downloaded for the Kinky Xmas party at Myrtle Street exactly 2 years previous).




Xmas day was spent exchanging secret santa gifts left under the "tree", and eating chocolate, juice and homemade french toast. We then headed to China Beach for a couple of drinks before going our separate ways and meeting up for a traditional Xmas dinner at one of the western restaurants in Da Nang.





Merry Belated Xmas to all my friends and family. I will be away from Da Nang for a week from Monday, heading to Phu Quoc Island in the Gulf of Thailand for Western New Years with the AYAD crew. Full post on our adventures when I return.
xoxox Amy

1 comment:

Phill said...

Hey Ames, just wishing you a merry christmas (late I know) and a happy new year (less late). Have fun in 2009

simple tracking
Wireless Laser Mouse